New and improved clean energy technologies are critical for swiftly decarbonizing the global economy. The United States has an opportunity to accelerate clean energy transitions abroad and build job-creating industries at home by investing in innovation.
The Center on Global Energy Policy hosted the global launch of Energizing America, which lays out a roadmap to triple U.S. federal investment in clean energy research, development, and demonstration to $25 billion by 2025. This volume is the most comprehensive guide for policymakers of its kind, with a 100-day plan for the next Administration and Congress and detailed recommendations for boosting investments in cutting-edge technologies, including advanced renewables, energy storage, carbon capture and removal, smart energy systems, and platform technologies.
- Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA
- Lord Browne of Madingley, Former CEO, BP plc
- David Sandalow, Inaugural Fellow, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA
- Kathy Castor (D-FL), Chair, House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
- Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, Former Deputy Secretary of Energy; Distinguished Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Dr. Colin Cunliff, Senior Policy Analyst, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Dr. Varun Sivaram, Senior Research Scholar, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia SIPA