Climate change is one of the central challenges of the 21st century. Building and linking the policies, technologies, financial systems and markets needed to achieve climate goals is key to addressing this challenge. Learn more about what we're doing to tackle the climate crisis.
Jason Bordoff, Founding Director of the Center on Global Energy Policy, discusses the climate crisis and the growing movement for a Green New Deal.
- Carbon Tax Research Initiative: The Carbon Tax Research Initiative explores key questions and implications related to the design and implementation of a carbon tax in the United States to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and address the threat of climate change.
- Carbon Management Research Initiative: The Carbon Management Research Initiative explores the public policy, financial and economic aspects of removing, storing and using carbon dioxide to reduce greenhouse gases and address the threat of climate change.
- China Energy and Climate Research Program: The China Energy and Climate program promotes low-carbon development in China and around the world, informs stakeholders about Chinese energy and climate policies, and promotes cooperation between China and the US on energy and climate issues.
- Energy Policy Tracker: Are we building back better? Every Wednesday, our experts provide new analysis of public finance for fossil fuels and clean energy. Search by country or compare data to find out how governments are planning to rebuild the global energy system.
- The Lancet Countdown: Tracking Progress on Health and Climate Change: In The Lancet, CGEP Senior Research Scholar Dr. Melissa C. Lott explores the health impacts of energy pollution, and how climate change is undermining the foundations of good health.
- Energy Transition Fact Sheet: The world has embarked on an unprecedented effort to completely transition its energy supply and use to mitigate risks of global climate change. A new fact sheet outlines the challenges and opportunities in the global energy transition.
- The Role of Natural Gas in the Energy Transition: CGEP Non-Resident Fellow Akos Losz and Senior Research Scholar Jonathan Elkind discuss industry outlooks for natural gas and LNG demand, and question marks surrounding the role of gas in deep decarbonization scenarios consistent with the Paris Agreement’s climate goals.
- Guide to Chinese Climate Policy: The Guide to Chinese Climate Policy explores the impacts of climate change in China, and the effectiveness of policies designed to address climate change.
- Engaging State-Owned Enterprises in Climate Action: CGEP Adjunct Research Scholar Philippe Benoit explores the role of state-owned enterprises in climate change, examines the effectiveness of market-oriented solutions such as carbon taxes in changing SOE behavior, and evaluates some other potential strategies for reducing their emissions.