Please join the Center on Global Energy Policy (CGEP) for the release of a new report: The New Geopolitics of Energy. In an era of relative energy abundance for the US, the reportauthored by Ambassador Carlos Pascual, CGEP Fellow and former Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs, US Department of Stateprovides a framework to understand the relationships between energy geopolitics and energy markets as well as a new analytic foundation for governments and the private sector to assess how investment decisions and government policy will influence national security, economic growth and environmental sustainability. Ambassador Pascual will provide an overview of the report and its key findings. After his remarks, Ed Crooks, US Industry and Energy Editor at the Financial Times, will moderate a panel discussion featuring:
- Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy;
- Iain Conn, Chief Executive Officer, Centrica;
- Michael Levi, David M. Rubenstein Senior Fellow for Energy and the Environment, Council on Foreign Relations;
- Ambassador Carlos Pascual; and
- Mona Sutphen, Partner, Macro Advisory Partners and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy.
Registration is required. This event is open to press. It will also be livestreamed at: energypolicy.columbia.edu/watch A podcast of this event (in addition to other past Center events) will be available ~3 to 5 days after the date of the event through iTunes or via our website. For more information contact: [email protected]