The Center on Global Energy Policy, in partnership with BeyondNetZero, will host a public event focusing on pathways and opportunities to mobilize capital for a fair and fast energy transition. The event will feature distinguished experts providing perspectives on the energy transition landscape from a capital markets and policy perspective across both developed and emerging markets. A cocktail reception will follow the program.
During the course of the conversation, the following questions will be explored:
- How are investors managing to balance the long-term policy trajectory toward net zero with short-term volatility around the energy crisis and uneven legislative/regulatory action on climate among countries?
- What have been the most successful examples of scaling clean energy technology and how can those be deployed in hard-to-abate sectors?
- What are the unique challenges to scaling capital investment in clean energy to deliver breakthroughs in developing markets, particularly in developing and emerging economies and in the context of November's COP27 discussions?
The event will be organized into two sessions:
- Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy and Co-Dean, Columbia Climate School
- Lord John Browne, Co-Founder and Chairman, BeyondNetZero
- Tariye Gbadegesin, Managing Director and CEO, Arm Harith Infrastructure Fund
- Moderated by Catherine McKenna, Chair, UN High Level Expert Group on Net Zero Commitments, Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Center on Global Energy Policy, and former Canadian Environment and Climate Change Minister
- Leonardo Beltrán, Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Center on Global Energy Policy
- Diana Fox Carney, Advisory Board Member, BeyondNetZero
- Jake Levine, Chief Climate Officer, U.S. Development Finance Corporation
- Anish Thakkar, Co-Founder, Sun King
- Moderated by Jonathan Elkind, Senior Research Scholar, Center on Global Energy Policy
This event will be hosted in person in New York City and live streamed via Zoom. All in-person attendees are required to have received a full COVID-19 vaccination series.
Advance registration is required. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email. The event will be recorded and the video recording will be added to our website following the event.
This event is open to press, and registration is required to attend. For media inquiries or requests for interviews, please contact Natalie Volk ([email protected]).
For more information about the event, please contact [email protected].