Turbulence in international affairs is nothing new, but the diversity of challenges and opportunities facing the international community today rivals some of the most consequential periods in history. The United States Intelligence Community is responsible not only for monitoring current events, but also assessing the future strategic environment, looking around the turns and bends in international relations to see what might be coming in the years ahead.
The Center on Global Energy Policy will host a panel of former career intelligence officials and scholars who will offer their views, assessment, and outlook for geopolitics in the next 18 months. Focusing on topics as diverse as East Asia, Africa, Europe, cybersecurity and the Middle East, they will make brief presentations followed by a conversation moderated by Mike Dempsey, CGEP Non-Resident Fellow and the former Acting Director for National Intelligence.
- Helima Croft, Managing Director and Global Head of Commodity Strategy, Global Research, RBC Capital Markets
- Judd Devermont, Director of the Africa Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and Former National Intelligence Officer for Africa
- Markus Garalauskas, Former National Intelligence Officer for North Korea, Scowcroft Center Senior Fellow
- Alan Pino, Former National Intelligence Officer for the Near East at the National Intelligence Council (NIC)
- Keren Yarhi-Milo, Arnold A. Saltzman Professor of War and Peace Studies in the Political Science Department and the School of International and Public Affairs and Director of the Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies at Columbia University
This webinar will be hosted via Zoom. Advance registration is required. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with access details. The event will be recorded and the video recording will be added to our website following the event.
This event is open to press, and registration is required to attend.
For more information about the event, please contact Caitlin Norfleet or Nicolina DueMogensen (email@example.com).