**Please note: This webinar will be hosted in English. Simultaneous interpretation to Portuguese will be provided.**
Brazil’s energy sector offers a valuable perspective, where the growth of the oil and gas sector is coming alongside the deployment of clean energy technologies in a country that displays one of the largest shares in the world of renewables in its electricity generation mix.
The Center on Global Energy Policy, in partnership with Women in Energy Brasil and Columbia Global Centers | Rio de Janeiro, will host a discussion to provide insights into Brazil’s pragmatic pathway to a clean energy transition from the perspective of an oil and gas producing country. A stellar panel of women leaders in the energy sector will discuss the future of the country’s energy system in the context of global high energy prices, the country's policy approach towards low carbon fuels, the lessons learned from the deployment of clean technologies, and integration of renewables in the power grid, all while at the same time working towards lowering the carbon footprint of its oil and gas production.
- Dr. Luisa Palacios, Senior Research Scholar, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University SIPA; and former Chairwoman, Citgo Petroleum Corporation
- Mrs. Agnes Maria de Aragão da Costa, Head of the Regulatory Special Advisory Office of the Ministry of Mines and Energy
- Fernanda Delgado, Executive Director of IBP - Instituto Brasileiro de Petróleo e Gás
- Elbia Gannoum, President, Brazilian Wind Energy Association - ABEEólica and Vice President of the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC)
- Camila Ramos, Founder and managing director of CELA Clean Energy Latin America
This webinar will be hosted via Zoom. Advance registration is required. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with access details. The event will be recorded and the video recording will be added to our website following the event.
This event is open to press, and registration is required to attend. For media inquiries or requests for interviews, please contact Natalie Volk ([email protected]).
For more information about the event, please contact [email protected].