The Women in Energy externship is a month-long training program in a NYC-area energy start-up for our WIE student members to help them gain experience in the energy sector. The externship gives students the opportunity to explore career paths, gain marketable job experience, and make professional connections. Participating organizations will benefit from having a high achieving student working on a tangible project that will be useful after the externship is complete.
Please direct any questions to: Jully Meriño Carela (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Current Women in Energy externship opporunities:
Bioenergy Devco - Associate
Build Edison - Associate
Build Edison - Comminications Associate
Dynamo Energy Hub - Marketing & Business Development Associate
The Megawatt Hour - B2B Software Content Strategy
- Student matriculated in a US-based, accredited University through Spring 2021 (No December 2020 graduates)
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Must attend a mandatory orientation before starting the externship
- Must be a motivated self-stater
- Able to participate for the full length of the externship
- Externship Length: January 2 – January 31, 2021
Benefits of doing a WIE Externship
- Gain hands-on professional experience
- Build experience to put on your resume
- Can lead to summer internships or full-time employment
- Develop meaningful connections with potential employers and broaden your professional network
- Apply only to opportunities you will accept
- Submit a well written cover letter with your resume
- Professionally represent the Women in Energy program and your University
- Housing, transportation, living expenses
Will I be paid?
The Women in Energy program will be able to provide a small living expenses stipend for unpaid externships.
What type of experience do I need to apply?
Participating organizations will indicate the level of experience needed in their job descriptions.
Can I take classes and participate in an externship?
Yes, your externship will most likely overlap with the beginning of the Spring semester. It is up to the you to determine before applying to any positions if you will be able to take on both responsibilities.
Where can I get help writing/reviewing my résumé and cover letters?
Students are highly encouraged to have their cover letter and resume/CV reviewed by your school’s Office of Career Services before applying to the externship opportunities.
How many externships can I apply for?
You may apply to 2 externships max, but may only accept 1 offer.
How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jully Meriño Carela email@example.com. The deadline to apply is October 16, 2020.