Research Administration Assistant
Research Administration Assistants support the administration of our research programs. Assignments will include conducting background research and literature reviews under the direction of research scholars, collating and analyzing data, drafting briefing memos, providing operational support through coordination with other CGEP teams (including assisting researchers with public and private event planning), attending meetings and events, notetaking in private workshops, and other related tasks.
- Must be enrolled as a Columbia University as a full or part time Undergraduate or Graduate student
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and willingness to be proactive
- Experience and facility with energy policy and data from major sources (e.g., International Energy Agency, Energy Information Administration, JODI databases, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, etc.) is helpful
- Excellent written communications skills, including ability to develop briefings, PowerPoint presentations and master Excel to create effective graphs/charts
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders: students, faculty, university leadership, and high-level guests or speakers
Hours and Compensation
Research Administration Assistant positions are hourly with no mandated commitment. Students may work for 5-20 hours per week in the Fall and Spring semesters and 5-35 hours per week during the Summer semesters. Hourly wages start at $20 per hour (negotiable depending on experience and qualifications). Research Administration Assistant positions are open to students with Federal Work Study awards.
All inquiries about this position should be directed to [email protected]
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
<< Return to Job Listing