Research AdministratIon Assistant
Open Application for Summer & Fall 2021
Research Administration Assistants for the Center on Global Energy Policy will be given a wide range of assignments in support of the administration of our research programs. Assignments will include conducting background research and literature reviews under the direction of research scholars, collating and analyzing data, drafting briefing memos, providing operational support through coordination with other CGEP teams (including assisting researchers with public and private event planning), attending meetings and events, notetaking in private workshops, and other related tasks.
Please note these positions will not conduct primary research but rather increase the reach and effectiveness of the Center on Global Energy Policy through coordination of our research activities and projects.
- Must be enrolled as a Columbia University graduate or undergraduate student with valid US work authorization
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and willingness to be proactive
- Excellent written communications skills, including ability to develop briefings, PowerPoint presentations and master Excel to create effective graphs/charts
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders: students, faculty, university leadership, and high-level guests or speakers
- Experience and facility with energy policy and data from major sources (e.g., International Energy Agency, Energy Information Administration, JODI databases, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, etc.) is helpful but not required
- Experience working in an energy-related industry is preferred
- Please note work on the US-China program requires Native or professional fluency in Mandarin Chinese and the Latin America Energy Policy program requires fluency (ability to read and write) in Spanish
Hours and Compensation
Research Administration Assistant positions are open to students with Federal Work Study awards or as Student Casual employment.
Approximately 10-20 hours per week, starting rate is $20.00/hour (negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
All inquiries about this position should be directed to [email protected]
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.
<< Return to Job Listing